Surveys and Valuations

Home Surveys-and-valuations

Property Valuation

We have a team of RICS registered valuers who can provide RICS compliant Red Book property valuations across South Wales for a variety of purposes:

Secured lending for mortgages - We sit on many bank valuation panels.

Inheritance and Capital Gains Tax - Our valuers understand capital taxation. We are often called upon to provide valuations and negotiations for capital tax purposes, often saving clients significant sums of money through our knowledge of the reliefs available.

Our valuers negotiate with district valuers when a valuation is in dispute, relying on our comprehensive database of comparable evidence from out sales departments.

Expert Witness - We can provide valuations and reports in support of property related litigation including matrimonial disputes, for which our comparable database provides accurate and supportable figures.

Charities Act - We are often called upon to undertake Charities Act compliance valuations, which are required whenever a charity is considering purchasing/disposing of an asset.

All our valuers are RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) accredited. Rigerous internal procedures ensure well researched reports fully compliant with the RICS regulations.

Contact Details

Home Buyer Surveys

Our specialist team of fully qualified Chartered Surveyors are able to provide RICS Home Buyer Reports across South Wales.

A property survey should be undertaken and the results considered before you enter into any kind of contractual agreement to buy a property.

The RICS Home Buyer Report is designed for homes, defined as "conventional in type and construction" and "apparently in reasonable condition".

This survey highlights any immediate problems or defects which will have an effect on the value of the property, allowing a purchaser to make a reasoned and informed judgement on whether or not to proceed with the purchase at the agreed price.

Contact Details

Energy Performance

Our large team of qualified energy assessors are experienced in producing Energy Performance Certificates on domestic and commercial buildings.

An Energy Performance Certificate is required for properties when constructed, sold or let. The Energy Performance Certificate provides details on the energy performance of the property and what you can do to improve it.

As from the 1st April 2018 there is a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption.

Contact Details
  • Buy a property

    Looking to buy a property? Click here to begin searching for your perfect home from one of our 14 offices.

    Begin Searching
  • Rent a property

    If you are looking to rent a property click here for our detailed search for your perfect rental home.

    Begin Searching